IS THERE A THYROID PERSONALITY?
This is a question that I’ve been pondering for a long time. It’s something that often comes up for me personally in my appointments with my health practitioners and is a topic I’ve discussed with many of my guests on the podcast. See some of the related episodes below.
In this episode I take a deeper dive into this question of personality and most importantly, how do we make our personality work FOR us in our thyroid health, not against us.
The connection at its core seems to be about the aspects of certain personalities that are drawn to stress as it’s the stress that interferes with our thyroid.
Those I’ve spoken to, both professionals and people sharing their thyroid stories with me, do anecdotally and experientially feel there is a connection… and it seems they could be onto something!
- A French study that in part looked at autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto’s & Graves alongside Type 1 & 2 Diabetes) Take a read of it here: Personality Types in Individuals with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- What is the difference between a Type A and a Type B personality?
- What seems to be common traits amongst those with autoimmune thyroid disease?
- The Give-Give-Give person + how to give from a position of emotional strength.
- The Go-Go-Go person + how to ‘go’ well.
- How to make our driven personalities work FOR us – I talk through some specific reframing examples to help us all!
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
See your mindset THRIVE with Thyroid Love Notes. 22 unique affirmations.
Each affirmation is accompanied by messages of love & practical activities to take.
Change your mindset so you can THRIVE.
Affirmations written specifically for people like you and I with thyroid problems.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU