I’ve been storing up a few of these hot topics for my guest Marek Doyle because I know he’s all over the nuance. He understands the grey between the black and white. He’s data driven and detail oriented. He’s also incredibily generous with his time – this being the longest interview I’ve done and whilst I don’t want to get into a habit of going over the hour, this was worth it!
So, in this conversation we (meaning Marek!) tackle:
- Thyroid Antibodies Don’t Matter (common medical perspective) and they don’t cause destruction to the thyroid gland.
- Keto is great for thyroid health v keto is terrible for thyoid health.
- Low carb is great for thyroid health v you need carbs for production of T3 therefore low carb is bad.
- Fasting is a must for all health conditions (including not being a problem for thyroid patients) v fasting is too stressful and shouldn’t be used by thyroid patients.
- Ozempic/semaglutitde is the new wonder drug for weight loss v Ozempic is next ‘I told you so’ in 5 years time.
There are many other thyroid hot topics, but I’ll save them for another podcast! If you have any thyroid hot topics you’d like to find the nuance in, please let me know for a future episode!.
Marek is a functional nutritional therapist who has spent the last 18 years building a model of personalized nutrition, based on the data of over 3,000 individual outcomes, 11,000 test results and extensive use of the scientific literature. Based in London, he offers one-to-one consultations for clients as well as training for practitioners.
He holds an MSc in Personalised Nutrition (CNELM/Middlesex Uni), as well as a CertHE in Nutritional Medicine (UWL), a Diploma in Allergy and Environmental Therapy (BIAET) and a Diploma in Advanced Nutrition for Optimal Health (GB Fitness/BCMA).
Connect with Marek:
- Instagram: @marekdoylenutrition
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
#63 – Marek Doyle on the thyroid system and the impact of stress
#49 & 76 Karen Martell on weight loss
#82 Best diet for Hashimoto’s
#85 Dr Sarah Myhill on paleo-keto
#95 Ben Garyaldt on blood sugar
HOW I CAN HELP YOU