Sharon Wilford’s perspective on treating thyroid issues as a naturopath.
Treating Thyroid Issues as a Naturopath
I have found having a naturopath (or 2) in my corner to have been so helpful over the years of managing my Hashimoto’s. Sharon Wilford has been one of my personal naturopaths and a very good friend of mine for over 15 years.
Sharon has lots of tools in her naturopathic toolkit. One of the things I love about her is her constant quest for knowledge and improving her skills. Aside from herbs, supplements, and diet, Sharon uses a variety of tests, Applied Kinesiology (muscle testing), Neurolink and Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) with her patients.
Some of the topics we cover are
- Some of the things to look for in a physical examination, common symptoms and clinical indicators of a thyroid condition.
- Common nutritional deficiencies in thyroid patients and the importance of getting professional support to address these.
- Why is gut health so important.
- Neural pathways – are they connecting and flowing properly? What could be blocking them? Neurolink as a technique to help the neural pathways to work more optimally.
- Being ‘ready’ to make changes.
- Taking an individualised approach.
- The stress response and the critical role it plays in thyroid patients.
- The personality connection!
- NET and the researched connection to stress/trauma. Where your body is storing stress/trauma and releasing it.
- Stress, cortisol and a technique that helps release those emotions
- Toxicity as a thyroid trigger.
For more information about Neurolink, head here.
For more information about NET (Neuro Emotional Technique, head here.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU