I talk a lot on this podcast about different diet and lifestyle interventions that may help you live well with your thyroid condition. But how do you know which (if any) have any scientific validation?
In this episode I’m talking with Ellen Steinke about what science she’s discovered across various aspects of a thyroid lifestyle and also how the average thyroid patient can know where and how to look for the science behind various thyroid diet & lifestyle interventions.
The key areas we cover in this episode are:
- Ellen’s personal thyroid story
- What science is there/isn’t there behind dietary changes popular in thyroid health eg gluten free, paleo, AIP.
- What science is there/isn’t there behind nutritional deficiencies.
- What science is there/isn’t there behind whether or not to supplement with iodine when you have Hashimoto’s.
- Castor oil packs and other more natural remedies – how to consider those.
- How to weigh the ‘evidence’ particularly in areas where there isn’t the money for a whole lot of rigorous research.
- Tips for doing your own investigation into the science (or not) behind whatever diet/lifestyle intervention you’d like to investigate.
Ellen Steinke by a pre-med biology graduate and certified nutrition coach. Diagnosed with Hashimoto’s herself, she distills complex information into understandable, actionable advice. She also leverages her personal journey and professional expertise to empower you with the knowledge and tools needed to take back control of your health.
Connect with Ellen:
@hashimotos_lifestyle on Instagram
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
17 – Living A Thyroid Friendly Lifestyle
107 – A Day in my (Thyroid -Friendly) Life
HOW I CAN HELP YOU