living a thyroid wellness lifestyle
LIVING A THYROID WELLNESS LIFESTYLE
I’ve been promoting a lifestyle approach to wellness, for years. But what does it actually mean? What other approach is there?
Here’s what a lifestyle approach to thyroid (or any other) wellness is NOT:
- A diet
- Seeking some kind of health perfection.
- Only taking medication and doing nothing else.
- Annual check ups with a doctor who doesn’t know a lot about managing thyroid health well.
- Meant to be another stress
- Reading and researching, getting overwhelmed and not taking any action.
This what I believe taking a lifestyle approach to managing thyroid (or any other) wellness IS:
- Taking responsibility for your own health
- A process/journey/up & down, tightening and loosening.
- Making incremental, sustainable change.
- Easier than you might think – but requires a decision – or series of decisions.
- Taking a long term mindset to health.
Key factors in a thyroid wellness lifestyle:
- Food – anti-inflammatory. Check out these episodes: Going Gluten Free Part 1 & Part 2. Going dairy free. What causes Hashimoto’s? (trigger discussion)
- Stress management
- Sleep – 8hrs good quality.
- Mindset – loving your body not hating it.
- Low tox – removing chemicals and toxins over time.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU