Dr David Cowhig
Have you ever wondered if there is a connection between your thyroid, dental and oral health? My guest, holistic dentist, Dr David Cowhig joins me to explain the connection and answer many of my dental/oral health questions.
The key areas we cover in this episode are:
- What is a holistic dentist?
- The connection between thyroid (particularly hypothyroid/Hashimoto’s) and oral health.
- The impact of stress.
- Sleep – the massive impact it plays.
- Mouth and nose breathing – mouth taping, the pencil test and the connection to sleep.
- Fluoride – in your water and toothpaste – why to avoid.
- Questions to ask your dentist to support your dental, oral and thyroid health.
- Mercury fillings – what to do if you have them, how to have them safely removed & whether or not you should have them removed.
- Oral health – mouth microbiome and biofilm
- Oil pulling – the oral and parasympathetic nervous system.
- Nutritional support.
- Importance of hydration.
- What to look for in a good toothpaste.
Breathing and sleep are the keys to good dental health.
This conversation is full of lots of practical information that you can apply immediately for little to no cost.
Dr. David Cowhig is the founder of Dental Wellness in The Gap in Brisbane. He has been the holistic dentist of choice in Brisbane for the last 25 years. Using the principles of the Oral FITNESS Plan he has treated over 10,000 happy patients creating Safer, Healthy, Beautiful Smiles. He is the first Australian dentist to offer a total metal free solution with Zirconia ceramic dental implants and optimal aesthetics. He qualified from Kings London over 35 yrs ago but is still passionate about the health of the mouth and its effect on the whole body.
Connect with Dr Cowhig
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
17 – Living A Thyroid Friendly Lifestyle
107 – A Day in my (Thyroid -Friendly) Life
HOW I CAN HELP YOU