Going Dairy Free for thyroid health
Going Dairy Free
Second only to gluten as a dietary trigger for auto-immune thyroid issues, is dairy. That’s why doctors and health practitioners looking at a diet to support their thyroid patients will often recommend giving up both gluten & dairy.
By way of context, here is a list of common triggers.
Image credit: Kharrazian Institute
Symptoms of dairy intolerance include reflux, bloating, diarrhoea, respiratory symptoms (eg cough, sinusitis, asthma) and skin reactions (eg psoriasis, eczema).
In this episode we cover
- dairy intolerance – the issue of casein
- lactose intolerance
- types of dairy to avoid
- dairy as possible cross-reaction to the thyroid gland
- dairy as a trigger for thyroid disease
- how & why to eliminate dairy
- how to know if you have a dairy intolerance
- practical alternatives for milk, cheese, butter etc.
Here are a few dairy free recipes to check out.
The whole cookbook is dairy free (& gluten & grain free too)
Links to studies referred to in the episode.
For further reading:
HOW I CAN HELP YOU