Food Sensitivities: A deeper approach than just testing & restricting.
In this podcast, I talk with Christa Bielger about a range of topics connected to food sensitivities – whether you have them or not, and how to build your tolerance.
- Why Christa doesn’t always recommend food restrictions if not needed for food sensitivity determination.
- Things can masquerade as food sensitivities but the root causes can be something else.
- It’s never ‘JUST’ food that’s the whole problem.
- Food is a popular place to start as it’s a usable DIY strategy but it’s not the whole solution.
- Connection between stress, immune system and gut.
- Connection between food sensitivities and autoimmune thyroid conditions v thyroid function.
- Gut health issues change how you tolerate foods and can be underlying problem.
- Looking deeper than food sensitivities for root causes.
- Are itchy ears connected to food sensitivities?
- Mold toxicity.
- Mold symptoms overlapping with food sensitivities which makes it tricky to determine what’s going on.
- AIP – why do you often feel better? Is it the food protocol or something deeper going on?
- Gut-brain connection.
- Signs you aren’t digesting well.
- Gallbladder and bile production
- If stress is too high, food restriction might be counterproductive.
- Adrenal connection to thyroid and gut.
- When high quality food sensitivity testing can be helpful.
- Difference between food sensitivities, intolerances and allergies.
- Leaky gut.
- Goal is to improve gut and immune tolerance so you can eat more foods.
- When food restriction can be helpful.
- Focus on what actually works.
- Pros | cons to removing foods.
- Experience is your best guide.
- Immune memory to foods.
- Importance of doing symptom questionnaires.
- Brain symptoms connected to gluten more than digestive symptoms.
- Getting the best value from your health care.
- Thyroid Health optimisation – the holy grail!
KISS THYROID COACHING QUESTIONS
- What is one thing you take away from this episode? eg work on your gut health first, write your thyroid story, explore food protocols.
- Get a copy of My Thyroid Story Workbook.
- Do you want to do a food sensitivity test? Do a food protocol?
Christa Biegler is an award-winning dietitian nutritionist, host of the Less Stressed Life podcast, and author of The Eczema Relief Diet & Cookbook. She helps health-savvy women overcome food sensitivities and fatigue without restrictive dieting to beat bloat, burnout & eczema breakouts. She lives with her unicycling husband & kids in the Midwest. The Less Stressed Life Podcast & Nutrition mission is that everyone deserves a less stressed life without inflammation, food sensitivities and fatigue.
Connect with Christa:
- Insta: @anti.inflammatory.nutritionist
- Facebook: @christabieglerrd
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
HOW I CAN HELP YOU