Food Sensitivities: A deeper approach than just testing & restricting.
In this podcast, I talk with Christa Bielger about a range of topics connected to food sensitivities – whether you have them or not, and how to build your tolerance.
- Why Christa doesn’t always recommend food restrictions if not needed for food sensitivity determination.
- Things can masquerade as food sensitivities but the root causes can be something else.
- It’s never ‘JUST’ food that’s the whole problem.
- Food is a popular place to start as it’s a usable DIY strategy but it’s not the whole solution.
- Connection between stress, immune system and gut.
- Connection between food sensitivities and autoimmune thyroid conditions v thyroid function.
- Gut health issues change how you tolerate foods and can be underlying problem.
- Looking deeper than food sensitivities for root causes.
- Are itchy ears connected to food sensitivities?
- Mold toxicity.
- Mold symptoms overlapping with food sensitivities which makes it tricky to determine what’s going on.
- AIP – why do you often feel better? Is it the food protocol or something deeper going on?
- Gut-brain connection.
- Signs you aren’t digesting well.
- Gallbladder and bile production
- If stress is too high, food restriction might be counterproductive.
- Adrenal connection to thyroid and gut.
- When high quality food sensitivity testing can be helpful.
- Difference between food sensitivities, intolerances and allergies.
- Leaky gut.
- Goal is to improve gut and immune tolerance so you can eat more foods.
- When food restriction can be helpful.
- Focus on what actually works.
- Pros | cons to removing foods.
- Experience is your best guide.
- Immune memory to foods.
- Importance of doing symptom questionnaires.
- Brain symptoms connected to gluten more than digestive symptoms.
- Getting the best value from your health care.
- Thyroid Health optimisation – the holy grail!
KISS THYROID COACHING QUESTIONS
- What is one thing you take away from this episode? eg work on your gut health first, write your thyroid story, explore food protocols.
- Get a copy of My Thyroid Story Workbook.
- Do you want to do a food sensitivity test? Do a food protocol?
Christa Biegler is an award-winning dietitian nutritionist, host of the Less Stressed Life podcast, and author of The Eczema Relief Diet & Cookbook. She helps health-savvy women overcome food sensitivities and fatigue without restrictive dieting to beat bloat, burnout & eczema breakouts. She lives with her unicycling husband & kids in the Midwest. The Less Stressed Life Podcast & Nutrition mission is that everyone deserves a less stressed life without inflammation, food sensitivities and fatigue.
Connect with Christa:
- Insta: @anti.inflammatory.nutritionist
- Facebook: @christabieglerrd
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
Everything I know about living a thyroid-friendly lifestyle I've put into a book. Let's Tak Thyroid: Positive & Practical Thyroid Help
MY THYROID BOX
Luxury gift box for all thyroid patients, curated to help you feel loved, equipped & hopeful for your thyroid journey.
Listen to the podcast where I talk all things thyroid. It's a mix of my experiences, interviews with my community of thyroid people and experts sharing their wisdom for our benefit.