ESCAPING THE DIET TRAP
WITH KAREN MARTEL
If you’ve got Hashimoto’s or hypothyroidism, odds are you’ve had some weight gain and weight loss challenges. You’ve probably spent years, if not decades on a diet.
If you’ve been listening to the Let’s Talk Thyroid podcast for a while, you might remember my guest, Karen Martel from episode 49 all about how to lose weight with Hashimoto’s/hypothyroidism. Well Karen is back on the show and together we are talking about how to escape the diet trap that so many of us (ourselves included) have found our way into.
- Our respective dieting experiences over many decades – I was 11 and Karen was 13 when we went on our first diet.
- How to escape the diet trap.
- What we can learn from dieting.
- Finding the right ‘way of eating’.
- Food addiction.
- Fasting – in particular the Fasting Mimicking Diet.
- Finding our own ebb and flo as part of a lifestyle approach.
- Setting realistic weight loss goals.
- Is tracking helpful?
- Body image
- Peri-menopause and how hormonal changes during this period can cause weight gain – and what to do about it.
- The connection with thyroid hormones and peri-menopause.
Thank you Karen for another fun and helpful conversation.
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
Karen Martel is a Certified Hormone Specialist & Transformational Nutrition Coach and women’s weight loss expert.
Founder of the revolutionary program OnTrack a women’s hormone balancing & weight loss program. Host of the top-rated women’s health podcast The Other Side of Weight Loss. After struggling with her own health issues, Karen was determined to bring her knowledge to others with a bold new approach to women’s health and weight management.
Karen’s passion lies in helping women breakthrough weight loss resistance and find their personal weight loss code through diet variation and hormone optimization. Karen is a health leader and researcher determined to revolutionize weight loss for modern women.
Connect with Karen:
The Other Side of Weight Loss (her podcast)
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
HOW I CAN HELP YOU