Understanding the Link Between Blood Sugar and Thyroid Health
Dr Ben Galyardt
We often hear terms like blood sugar, insulin resistance, diabetes but what has this got to do with thyroid health? In this episode Dr Ben Galyardt helps to unravel the connection to your health – more than just thyroid health.
We cover a wide range of topics connected to blood sugar regulation – much more than just thyroid related!
Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Blood sugar basics and the connection to thyroid health
- Thyroid health is much more than about the thyroid gland
- Blood sugar and autoimmune diseases generally
- How blood sugar spikes damage the thyroid gland
- How to test your blood sugar- glucose finger prick tests and Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM)
- The dangers of low blood sugar for someone with Hashimoto’s
- Foods that can be problematic – even ‘healthy’ ones.
- Inflammation, fluid retention, weight gain and loss.
- Hormonal issues
- Metformin & Berberine.
- Exercise impacts on blood sugar
- Stress impacts on blood sugar
- Brain health connection
- Leaky gut
- Dietary considerations.
Update: Here is some more info I found about CGM’s available in Australia (accurate as at 20 June 2023)
There is a special deal I was told about yesterday. I don’t know for how long it’s available but Dexcom have a deal for $32 (3 sensors each last 10 days). https://amsldiabetesshop.com.au/products/dexcom-g6-trial-offer?
Freestylelibre.com.au – if you contact them (I called there customer support number) they will send you an email with details you need to get from your doctor (basically a letter from your Dr saying they are prescribing the CGM to you off-label) and then you can order from them. This is what I was going to do until I heard about option 1!
KISS THYROID COACHING QUESTIONS
- Would you like to try monitoring your blood sugar levels?
- Do you need to reduce your intake of processed carbs (even the gluten free ones!) and perhaps increase your protein?
- What else stands out from this conversation that you’d like to take action on?
Dr Ben Galyardt, D.C. is the Founder and CEO of F8 Well Centers, and The Galyardt Method. He is also a world recognized speaker in Neurofeedback and Brain Regeneration. After successfully treating thousands of patients in his Colorado office he decided to bring his Galyardt Method to other parts of the country by opening satellite offices. He now leads and teaches his Galyardt Method to all of our new doctors across the country while also working one on with patients.
Dr. Galyardt’s Board Certifications, Degrees and Training include:
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
- Certified Neurofeedback Practitioner
- International College Applied Kinesiology (AK)
- Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET) Certification
- Trigenics Practitioner
- Certified by the American Functional Institute in Functional Neurology
- Advanced Muscle Integration Technique (AMIT)
- Autonomic Response Testing (ART) by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
- Bachelors from Syracuse University in Health and Exercise Science
- Graduated from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas
- CEO and Founder of F8 Well Centers in Fort Collins Colorado and Tennessee
Connect with Dr Ben:
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
HOW I CAN HELP YOU