BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR THYROID HEALTH
SCOTT A JOHNSON
In this podcast episode I’m talking with essential oil and natural solutions expert, Scott A Johnson all about essential oils for thyroid health. Here’s what we cover.
Intro to essential oils and natural solutions for thyroid health
- What got Scott into natural health and essential oils
- Can you manage your thyroid health naturally (ie without medication)?
- What does ‘natural solutions’ really mean? [hint: lifestyle + plant medicine]
- Can you substitute medication with ‘x’ natural solution?
- What is the difference between a natural approach and a more traditional allopathic approach? Can you do both?
Essential oil basics
- What are essential oils, how to use them.
Essential oils to support thyroid function
- watch this space for Black Cumin Seed essential oil – research is strong but not really commercially available yet.
Essential oils to help balance immune cells and inflammation
- German Chamomile
Essental oils for thyroid-disrupted sleep – diffused
- A citrus + a wood essential oil.
Essential oils for aches and physical discomfort
Applied topically with a carrier oil:
- Black Pepper
- Use in a 5-25% dilution with carrier oil – sweet spot about 15%.
Essential oils for hypothyroid fatigue.
There was a study that had people inhaling a blend of peppermint, black pepper, clove and bergamot. They started noticing a difference after 2 weeks – so don’t give up after trying something once.
Essential oils for Autoimmune support
A drop under the tongue 1-2x a day. *May* reduce antibodies.
Scott’s top 5 essential oils to START with for thyroid health:
- Choose your own citrus eg lemon, orange, lime.
- How to best use an essential oil roller on the thyroid (& how not too). Best to use about a 5% dilution in a carrier oil. Be gentle, they are potent.
- Have a good reference book (Scott has a few general essential oil reference books + his new book on autoimmune thyroid health – see below is incredibly detailed with protocols and research).
- What other natural solutions should be in your toolkit? – a discussion of diet, lifestyle, supplementation.
- If you want to try a natural approach – how long should you give it?
KISS (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) THYROID COACHING QUESTIONS
- Do you need to re listen/watch and take notes?
- What 1 essential oil could you add into your daily routine?
- If you haven’t tried essential oils – get started today!
Scott A Johnson
As one of the most prolific natural medicine writers of the 21st century, Scott A. Johnson has empowered tens of thousands of individuals to realize greater wellness naturally through his more than fifteen books. He is expert in the clinical use of both essential oils and dietary supplements. His diverse educational background and critical mind allow him to take complex health topics to any audience. He is an acclaimed international speaker and has delivered keynote presentations across North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. He travels the globe sharing his passion for people and natural medicine.
Connect with Scott
Buy Scott’s books:
* It would be helpful if you purchase via these Amazon affiliate links as the small commission will help support the Let’s Talk Thyroid podcast as well as supporting Scott Johnson in purchasing his books.
Beating Autoimmune Thyroid Conditions Naturally
Evidenced Based Essential Oil Therapy
Medicinal Essential Oils: The Science and Practice of Evidence-Based Essential Oil Therapy
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
Essential Oils as a gentle tool for mood management Ep 21
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
Everything I know about living a thyroid-friendly lifestyle I've put into a book. Let's Tak Thyroid: Positive & Practical Thyroid Help
MY THYROID BOX
Luxury gift box for all thyroid patients, curated to help you feel loved, equipped & hopeful for your thyroid journey.
Listen to the podcast where I talk all things thyroid. It's a mix of my experiences, interviews with my community of thyroid people and experts sharing their wisdom for our benefit.