Advocating for your Thyroid Health Across all your Relationships
Rachel Hill, The invisible hypothyroidism
How do you help those around you understand what you’re going through with your thyroid health? Do you need to? How does it differ from work to spouse to kids to family & friends?
Rachel Hill, AKA The Invisible Hypothyroidism joins me on this episode to talk about how we advocate for our thyroid health across many different relationships.
Here’s what we cover:
- Rachel’s personal thyroid journey of having developed Hashimoto’s as a teenager, suffering a wide range of physical and mental symptoms
- The start of The Invisible Hypothyroidism as a blog about 10 years ago
- Thyroid health is like a puzzle
- How to talk with your work colleagues/employer
- How to talk with your spouse
- How to talk to your kids
- How to talk about the diet & lifestyle aspect esp when other’s don’t really get it (or even want to get it)
- Personal responsibility and boundaries
- Finding a supportive community
- Resources you can use to share your journey with others in ways THEY can digest.
It’s most important that you do what you need to do for your thyroid health. You don’t need others to validate what you feel or need to do.
Rachel Hill is the highly ranked and multi-award winning thyroid patient advocate, writer, speaker and author behind The Invisible Hypothyroidism.
Her thyroid advocacy work includes writing articles, authoring books, producing her Thyroid Family email newsletters and speaking on podcasts and at events about the many aspects thyroid disease affects and how to overcome these. She is well-recognised as a crucial and influential contributor to the thyroid community and has a large social media presence. Her bestselling books include “Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate” and “You, Me and Hypothyroidism”.
Connect with Rachel:
Social media @theinvisiblehypothyroidism
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
#35 Leanne’s Story
#41 Back to basics with Tara Nelson
Thyroid Basics YouTube Series – great to share with family & friends
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
HOW I CAN HELP YOU