ADRENAL HEALTH BASICS: Understanding & Improving Adrenal Health
In this podcast, we delve into the topic of adrenal health basics and explore ways to understand and improve it.
What are the Adrenals?
- What & where the adrenals are
- their functions, and
- why they are critical to overall health and wellness.
What can go wrong with the Adrenals
- Adrenal fatigue & burnout
- What signs to look for
- The ‘curve’ of adrenal health and cortisol levels.
How to Test for Adrenal Health
- Saliva testing
- Dutch testing
- Understanding cortisol levels
What to do when there is an Adrenal Issue
- Importance of addressing stress,
- Eating an anti inflammatory diet,
- getting enough sleep, and
- finding ways to manage stress.
- Address the Central Nervous System. Hope also provides tips and strategies for reducing stress, including mindfulness practices, exercise, and spending time in nature.
Adrenal Thyroid Connection
- Connection between the adrenals and the thyroid and how imbalances in one can impact the other.
- HPA (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal) axis and how it affects adrenal health.
- Adrenal Fatigue as a Root Cause of Hypothyroidism
Supplements and Minerals for Adrenal Health
- Sodium – why it shouldn’t be demonised!
- Vitamin C
- Magnesium – the various forms.
Coffee – should you take a break?
Hope talks about coffee and its impact on the adrenals. She explains how coffee consumption can strain the adrenals and why it’s essential to manage coffee intake when it comes to adrenal health.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this episode on adrenal health basics! It’s always important to understand the basics before diving into the finer detail. We need to implement simple changes to see improvements in your adrenal health.
KISS (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) THYROID COACHING QUESTIONS
Hope Pedraza is a certified holistic nutritionist, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, certified Hair Tissue and Mineral Analysis, Reiki Master Practitioner, Human Design guide, founder of inBalance, a pilates based fitness studio, and the host of the Hopeful and Wholesome podcast.
Connect with Hope:
related podcast episodes
If you enjoyed this episode and are looking for similar discussions, check out these episodes:
How to calm your nervous system: Meredith Edwards ep29
Tapping for thyroid health with Brad Yates Ep 36
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
Everything I know about living a thyroid-friendly lifestyle I've put into a book. Let's Tak Thyroid: Positive & Practical Thyroid Help
MY THYROID BOX
Luxury gift box for all thyroid patients, curated to help you feel loved, equipped & hopeful for your thyroid journey.
Listen to the podcast where I talk all things thyroid. It's a mix of my experiences, interviews with my community of thyroid people and experts sharing their wisdom for our benefit.